As pioneers of cardiac care in the Southwest, CCT strives to provide patients with the most advanced, thorough and compassionate care. For more than two decades, CCT has been advancing the level of cardiovascular care in the Southwest.
Who We Are
Cardiology Consultants Of Texas offers North Texas' leading cardiologists. It was formed with the goal of providing state-of-the-art cardiac care and improving the level of cardiology services across the state.
Now one of the Southwest's premier research centers for advancing cardiovascular medicine, CCT is committed to offering patients optimum care through new and emerging technologies by a staff with unparalleled expertise.
As our staff has grown, so has our range of services. Cardiac electrophysiology, and diagnosis and treatment of peripheral vascular disease are among the many new techniques we use to treat our heart patients.
Where We Are
CCT has expanded its network of offices to include a presence in cities and towns throughout North Texas. These medical offices are staffed with helpful professionals and patients are cared for by board-certified doctors. In each community, we are affiliated with the leading medical centers, and our facilities are equipped with the very latest in medical technology.
By offering locations in or near every major North Texas community, CCT hopes to increase convenient access and accessibility to state-of-the-art heart care.
Preventive Care And Clinical Programs
We know that the first step toward a healthy heart does not begin in the doctor's office, but with many of the choices we make in everyday life.
Cardiology Consultants Of Texas urges people to lead healthy lifestyles and practice preventive care. To this end, we have in place a wide variety of clinical programs for our patients, including exercise and eating plans. CCT also strongly supports the primary care physician relationship as a path to better overall health. Working with your family doctor, we can better ensure coordinated, appropriate medical treatment. Your CCT physician wll keep your family doctor updated on the care you receive with us.
Some Healthy Steps You Can Take Yourself Include:
- Avoid high cholesterol food, particularly those foods high in "bad" LDL cholesterol, and increase intake of foods high in "good" HDL cholesterol.
- Stop smoking! Smoking cessation increases HDL levels, improves circulation and breathing, and after only one day of quitting, decreases your chances of having a heart attack.
- Exercise, exercise, exercise! Work with your CCT physician or family doctor to develop a steady, consistent program of aerobic exercise, such as jogging, biking,
skating, aerobic dance or walking.
- Use alcohol and caffeine in moderation.
- Check your blood pressure regularly.
- If you are older than 40, get a stress test.